MDS AdmissionTo be accepted into the MDS program, you must have at least 29 completed earned hours and a 2.0 cumulative GPA. To change your major to MDS, you must bring you academic file to the MDS office in 447 Stansbury Hall. You will be assigned an advisor and may schedule an appointment in the office—you may not schedule an appointment via email.
To encourage the development of a proactive student body and better align the MDS advising policy with the Office of the Registrar’s advising philosophy of student independence and responsibility, all students will:
- Utilize DegreeWorks (and other tools provided by MDS) to create a tentative schedule each semester before their advising appointment
- Schedule advising appointments
- Know how many 200 level courses they need
- Understand the ramifications of the 12 credit rule
- Understand that they will not be advised over email